- A ___ World class; a superlative example of the style or an exceptionally original beer.
- B+ to A- __Technically flawless, just short of the kind of character that distinguishes it as as the best in its style or as a truly original beer.
- C+ to B __A well-made beer that is a fairly common example of its style or a near miss on originality.
- D+ to C __Nothing stands out; beer doesn't have off-flavors but fails to impress.
- D- to D __Off-flavors mar the recipe.
- F ___ Off-flavors so profound the beer is undrinkable
[Note: This post has been updated to correct numerous embarrassing errors. See comments for further analysis and documentation of my crimes and misdemeanors.]