You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Beer Fest Winners

The People's Choice awards are finally posted online. Although I have more or less forsaken this particular fest in the face of all the other wonderful, less flea-markety fests availaible, I do doff my hat to the wisdom of Portland beer drinkers. Therefore, the people's choice is worth mentioning. So, without further ado, this year's winners:
1st Place - Astoria Brewing Bitter Bitch
2nd Place - Hopworks Survival Stout
3rd Place - (Tie) Calapooia Chili Beer and Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA
A couple of my friends did make it to the SBF, and they raved about the Calapooia. I've had the Tricerahops, the quality of which I can verify. So Hopworks and Astoria Brewing must have really whipped up a couple of wicked brews. Congrats all around. (If I'm not mistaken, this is a two-peat for Bitter Bitch, the winner, if memory serves--and it so rarely does--in '07.)

(Note to SBF webfolk: it's Tricerahops, not "Tricehops," and Hopworks, rather than "HopWorks." Not to belabor the point, but this kind of sloppiness may be correlated with my recent level of attendance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment