You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Mind Boggles

Champagne of Blogs features of the more disturbring posts I've ever had the misfortune to stumble upon in recent memory. The title says it all--"chocolate-covered bacon"--but for pure shock value, little can match the pictures. Dave and Co. love their pork products, and they have no time for silly vegetarians. See "Bacon vs. Fake Bacon" as one example. (I for one am an avid enthusiast of protein isolate.)

(Also, Dave made a critical misstep in his selection of fake bacon: he went with something from Whole Foods. Big mistake. You have to go with people who know an love meat for a worthwhile facsimile. Boca fake meats, from Wisconsin--sausage capital of the US--is the best company, but they don't do bacon. Try Morningstar Farms instead--they're from Michigan. The makers of Dave's fake bacon are from Massachusetts and probably never liked meat in the first place.)

(It's true that very little of this post has anything to do with beer, but I justify it because the guy in the photo's holding an eisbock.)

3 comments:

  1. The Morningstar mini "corndogs" are delicious. Can't even tell the difference...I eat plenty of Morningstar products when I brew. Full disclosure, I love meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there that night, and had every intention of trying that bacon… I can't even begin to recollect how it slipped my mind. Must've been between the Lucifer and one of the 3 or so trips back to the tasting to verify that I wasn't hallucinating about the Allagash Odyssey vs. Musette (Allagash claims to age the Musette in bourbon-barrels, and the Odyssey in new American toasted oak… yet the Odyssey tasted distinctly bourbon-esque, and the Musette? Not so much)… now I'm kicking myself.

    Fortunately, the burger at the Horse Brass afterward was typically top-notch. Laughing Dog's Black IPA on cask? Not so much…

    -anónimo
    (loves vegetables, s'long's it's got some meat with it)

    ReplyDelete