You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What's Hitting the Market?

Fresh hop ales emerged as the central trend in brewing last year, and we're coming around to them again in 2008. Deschutes and BridgePort have announced the release of their versions, and via John Foyston, I see that my '07 Satori winner--Full Sail Lupulin Ale--is poised to make a return. Have you seen any hitting the market yet?

Speaking of hitting the market, isn't it September 2? And isn't September 2 the day Deschutes was supposed to release The Dissident? Nothing yet at Belmont Station, but maybe if someone's at the brewpub downtown, they can report back.

After the long summer of slow releases, things are about to get exciting.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard word from a friend that they have it on tap at the brewpub downtown. We'll be heading down there in about an hour or so to check it out… I'll post a (comprehensive) layman's review afterward.

    -anónimo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a the pub in Bend over the weekend and they had it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anónimo, I hope you do have a chance to offer a layman's review. I'll try to get down there asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turns out my friend was mistaken… the list on which he saw it was for Bend, not Portland… *shrug* fortunately, they assured me, "Tomorrow…" which would be tonight. I guess I'll be burning double the gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be down there today after work to try it.

    Not sure on when it will hit the stores.

    ReplyDelete