You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Actual Hair of the Dog News

Via Brewpublic, we're reminded that this is on the horizon:
The 15th Anniversary Sale will feature the release of a new batch of Fred from the Wood, 2008 Doggie Claws and a small amount of Cherry Adam from the Wood. Come join me and my family to celebrate another year. I will have shirts, hats, and some vintage Beers available as well.
There's not a lot of mystery about that last one--though this is the first I've heard of it. For my money, Adam is both the best of the HotD beers, and also the most overlooked. For all of Fred's strength (you could make the argument that it launched Oregon down the big-beer road) and Blue Dot's hoppy succulence, Adam remains a unique gem in the American beer world. An addition of cherry seems like a great choice, and if I weren't old and lazy, I'd make plans to get in line early to try to score some of that fine beer. But perhaps you're young and spry and should put it on your calendar.

Anniversary Dock Sale, 10a - 4p
Hair of the Dog Brewery
4509 SE 23rd Avenue
503-232-6585

7 comments:

  1. I do have 100 cases of Cherry Adam, so I think it will last for at least two hours. I will have a one case l per person limit and the line may be that long.

    Blue Diamond, Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say, in my own defense, that my source was unimpeachable. I will not out him, for his motive was pure. He misspoke (actually, mis-emailed), probably not thinking that I would instantly blog it. But rumors of a new HotD beer demand instant blogging. Who can blame me for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd put it on my calendar but the date doesn't seem to be given? Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. November 15, 2008

    10 AM - 4 PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if it is okay to set up a tent out front of the brewery the night of the 14th:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelo: I wonder if it is okay to set up a tent out front of the brewery the night of the 14th:)

    DW: It might get pretty cold... Should I bring a couple bottles of Fred from the wood and some Whiskey?

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete