Constantly-updated fresh-hop tracker.

You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Devil Sun

Okay, this is bad. Average high for July 28: 81°
Temperature: 8:53 am: 79°
_9:53 am: 83°
10:53 am: 88°
11:53 am: 92°
12:53 pm: 96°
-1:53 pm: 100°
-2:53 pm: 102°
-3:53 pm: 104°
-4:53 pm: 105°

Key quote to put things in perspective comes via Twitter from Oakshire's Matt Van Wyk:
103 degrees today. Even the 6am brew shift of a double brew won't be enjoyable. Which breweries have an air conitioned brewhouses???
And apropos of nothing, I offer you a phone pic I snapped outside my Boeing en route to Minneapolis. Even with just two megapixels, one has a sense of the grandeur. Lucky people will be driving up that mountain sometime this morning and not coming down until Thursday.

Widmer weighs in on Twitter: "Currently, the brewhouse is 115°, the boiler room is 135°, and the cooler is 46°. We'll hang out in the cooler, thanks very much."


Brewers Union Local 180 said...

We have HVAC in our tiny little brewery. Nevertheless, I don't think I will be brewing tomorrow as planned, as I doubt the thing can keep up. Better to just drink beer instead. It stays 72 in the pub.

Geoff said...

Care to recommend any hot weather beers?

Post a Comment

NOTE: Blogspot has been eating some comments, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. IF your comment doesn't appear, it's not you, it's not me, it's the genuiuses at Google. Sorry--