Constantly-updated fresh-hop tracker.

You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Deep Research

Time to take the Sorachi Ace hop around for a spin. Think I'll do a single-hop batch today and get familiar with the strain everyone's talking about.


pedXer said...

Just had the hitachino nest ancient nipponia this past week. That a single malt, single hop beer using the Sorachi Ace. Pretty tasty.

Jeff Alworth said...

Lemony? I've had beers with this hop, but not single-strain beers. I like the idea of lemony. I'll probably end up with Pledge.

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

Union Dew, our standard IPA, is mostly Sorachi with a wee bit of E.K. Goldings and Glacier.

Fowl Birdwatcher said...

not the best for dry hopping imo. Sorachi Ace with a Citra dry hop is divine though.

Jeff Alworth said...

Maybe I'll recognize them in the Union Dew after I've had a few of these. After single-hopping, I should be familiar with the strain.

Fowl, I decided against dry-hopping in the end and just used them for aroma. Not only do I read comments, but I take your advice!

Post a Comment

NOTE: Blogspot has been eating some comments, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. IF your comment doesn't appear, it's not you, it's not me, it's the genuiuses at Google. Sorry--