You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday at Sunday River

I write from beautiful and wintry Bethel, Maine, where I'm enjoying an IPA at the

Sunday River Brewing Co. They have a pretty tasty alt and porter as well, but the flagship is the standout. (A few snowflakes are falling lazily down--whether it's evident in this photo remains to be seen.)

A couple days ago, Sally and I drove through Portsmouth, NH--where there is a fantastic brewery and possibly the best oatmeal stout I ever tasted (key: 30% oats in the grist). On nitro, the head was thick enough you could float a brick on it.

I'll write more--but all in good time. Now I have a football game and this IPA to attend to.

Update. The snowflakes are no longer lazy.


dr wort said...

Are you saying... Enjoyable IPA's and Stouts can actually be found outside the Oregon border? Wow! A revelation! ;-}

Next thing I'll here 'a lot of breweries across the nation use Hops from Oregon?' Say it isn't so!

Paul said...

I really hope that you're going to make the trip out to Ebenezer's.... That place is worth the flight out there in and of itself.

rs said...

Hah, I was just going to mention Ebenezer's too! Go!

Post a Comment

NOTE: Blogspot has been eating some comments, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. IF your comment doesn't appear, it's not you, it's not me, it's the genuiuses at Google. Sorry--