You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Facebook Experiment

I wish to alert you to a new experiment that is roughly 23 hours old. Yes, I know the word "Facebook" is in the title, but please don't let that dissuade you--read on.

As a good-beer fan and beer blogger, I end up tasting a lot more beers than I review. Even the ones I do mention on the blog sometime don't get reviewed until weeks after I taste them. Yesterday, in one of those increasingly rare moments of insight, my old brain had a thought: why not kill two birds with one stone and post short capsule reviews of these beers on your Beervana Facebook page? That way you 1) don't lose the opportunity to comment on the beers you try, and 2) give your vestigial Facebook page new reason for being.

As many people have discovered, the imperative "YOU MUST HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE" runs almost instantly up against the question: "But why?--I already have a blog." In this stroke of insight, I have discovered a way to use the FB page that won't function merely as a drain on the thing it is ostensibly supporting. Ta da! Damn, I told my old brain, you're not completely useless to me after all.

So there you have it. Go have a look>>

2 comments:

  1. I've been toying with a similar idea. Twitter just doesn't quite have enough characters to say what I want sometimes, but I don't have enough to say to warrant blogging it. I look forward to seeing how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree - it's all about how much you want to say. Blog > Facebook post > Twitter. Look forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete