You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breaking News: Blogger Moves ... Plus Some Other Stuff

I knew Stan Hieronymus was moving from New Mexico to St. Louis. I didn't realize it was MSM newsworthy, though. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch disagrees and welcomes Stan and his wife Daria with this nice article.

Speaking of writer/bloggers, Jack Curtin noted at the beginning of the month that he was listed a woeful 33rd on the flawed Wikio beer blog rankings. Worse, he fell twelve points in the past month. This is inexcusable, for Jack's a great writer and a really good blogger--he posts at least daily (except when he's fishing in Idaho). The logarithms are against him, though, and I hope other beer bloggers do their part to link to link back to Liquid Diet and get him up the rankings, where he belongs.

Also:
  • When I was passing through Hood River, I happened upon Double Mountain's Matt Swihart and his brand-spanking new purchase: a 1953 Chevrolet Panel Truck (like this one) which will be the new DM truck, outfitted with taps and looking groovy.
  • Pabst is moving to LA--though it hardly matters, since Pabst brews no beer.
  • Craft Brewers Alliance saw sales--but not profits--jump 15% in the first quarter of the year.
  • European beer bloggers will be conferencing this weekend in London. American beer bloggers will be meeting in August, here in Portland.
  • Since this newsy post is blogger-heavy, I should acknowledge the obvious: Doc Wort has vanished. More surprisingly, he's done so without a peep.
That's all I got.

10 comments:

  1. Pabst used to be HQed in
    San Antonio, TX
    ???, PA
    Woodridge, IL

    I'm not sure how many people will hang on to some romantic notion that it's still in Milwaukee. They left in 1997.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob the Brewer9:36 AM, May 17, 2011

    Heard Doc Wort is in rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have rehab for jackassery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc Wort owns one of the local brew pubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc Wort (or one of his split personalities) is still occasionally commenting on some blogs, seems to me, though with less volume than in the past.

    I was surprised he didn't go to Fred Fest. But I think he'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard he works for Anheuser-Busch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw him at Fred Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beeraroundtown1:51 PM, May 17, 2011

    I heard he's a ten foot tall beast man who showers in vodka and feeds his baby shrimp scampi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw Doc Wort in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really good stuff in your blog. will follow you in future.

    ReplyDelete