You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Comments Trouble?

I received a disturbing email today from a regular reader who noticed his comments disappearing. He wondered, quite reasonably, why I was deleting them. This is disturbing because in over five years of blogging, I have never deleted a non-spam comment (definition of spam: touting a commercial product)--including his. Then this:
Huh. Read my message from a couple of minutes ago first, but: I just went back into the blog again and my most recent comment, which I thought had been successful, had disappeared, and the comment count, which was at 10 last time I checked, was back down to 9. Curiouser and Curiouser.
I have no idea what's going on, but if this has happened to you, email, will you? (Or try commenting, though that may be a Kafka-esque trap.) Uggh.

7 comments:

  1. Blogger is owned by Google, right? And yesterday Google ran an Art Clokey tribute, inviting the mischievous blockheads right into its website. I think it is obvious this is the source of all your problems. Or you can just blame it on RIM.

    Cheers!
    Kevin
    Beer and Coding

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger has always had issues, and I have watched entire posts disappear just after posting them. Or even days of material for that matter. No biggie, and as a reader, I know you are fair with your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least when I post a comment here, it appears, unlike some other Portland beer blogs, whose comments just don't work at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I deleted my first comment this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Testing, testing, 1 2 3.

    ReplyDelete