You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Friday, November 04, 2011

Think Out Loud (Again)

I normally wouldn't flog this a second time, but I have an apology to make. This morning I appeared on OPB's Think Out Loud (audio here), hoping to offer samples of three beers. We only got to one--a bottle of Jubelale I pulled out of the basement. I had gone hoping to promote a standard fave of mine, Hopworks' Abominable Ale (review here) and the newly-released Ninkasi Imperiale Stout (review here). The Imperiale isn't even available in single bottles yet (ETA next Tuesday) and so Morgan Miller spirited one over to me before the broadcast. I also had several others I wanted to name-drop: this year's Winterhook, Fort George's new North V (which I haven't had a chance to try), Pelican's Stormwatcher and Mother of All Storms, Double Mountain Fa La La La La, and--bone to the lager lovers--Bayern's Doppelbock.

Moral: twenty minutes is nowhere near enough time to discuss winter ales.

4 comments:

  1. Your voice is deeper than I expected, Jeff. Will have to adjust my mental voice for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the OPB TOL audio.

    Jeff, you acquitted yourself admirably. I wished for a solo Beervana gig; too much 'hot toddy talk'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad none of those beers with be served at the holiday Ale fest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a nice job. That simply is not enough time to do the topic justice. No apology needed.

    ReplyDelete