Last week, this is what arrived:
- A Smokey and the Bandit (1977) DVD
- Smokey and the Bandit poster
- Coors beer cozy
- Coors beer mat
- Four vintage reproduction cans, drained of beer
As a sometime scholar of semiotics, this is my reading:
- Coors is cool, like the Bandit's mustache.
- Coors is sexy, like 61-year-old Jackie Gleason.
- Coors is aimed at consumers old enough to reminisce fondly about the fun times of the mid-70s.
- Coors is best drunk ice cold.
- Coors is unfit for human consumption.