You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Flick: St. Bernardus (Plus One Events Item)

The Lucky Lab Beer Hall is where big beer fans want to be today and tomorrow for the annual Barleywine Big Beer Festival. Matt Wiater has the full run down.

Apropos of that event, I offer you a brewery-produced virtual tour of the St. Bernardus brewery in Watou, Belgium. It's a bit over-produced, but you get a sense of what a typical traditional brewery looks like. (Elements of it remind me of Rochefort, Dupont, and St. Feuillien.) The brasserie at Westvleteren is one of the most intensely loved by beer geeks, but for my money, St. Bernardus makes beer of equal quality and far greater breadth--and I would probably put Prior 8 in my list of top twenty beers in the world. And hey, it's a good brewery for Lent, too (though not for everyone).

1 comment:

  1. Bernie, he's got a great advantage of Westy, I can go to a bottle shop here and buy it whenever I fancy one, and for a reasonable price to boot. That would score quite a few points in any ranking I could be bothered to contribute...

    ReplyDelete