You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Note From the Blogger

On Friday, I turned in the first half of the manuscript to the Beer Bible, a document running 127,003 words*--though that included the table of contents and working bibliography.  I am well aware that blogging has been threadbare lately, and it's because I was trying to meet the first-half deadline.  In recompense, I plan to catch up and go visit the 297** new Portland breweries that have opened since I went underground.  I may even do a little video feature, though since I am a blogger (read: a slacker with poor follow-through), we'll see. 

I plan to visit Pints this week and maybe Gigantic as well.  But I also hope to brew up a batch of summertime ale and I'm leaving for the weekend on Friday morning, so we'll see about that, too.  Harvester, Humble, Fire on the Mountain, The Commons (nope, ain't visited yet), Sasquatch, Occidental, and--who'd I miss?--to come.
_______________
*400-500 pages, depending on how those pages are formatted.

**Approximate number.

4 comments:

  1. I find it kind of hilarious that you think you haven't been blogging that much. Maybe I didn't start reading until after you started writing, but you still had a decent output as far as I could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed Old Town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more than welcome to swing through Base Camp Brewing Company and check it out before we open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention, Jeff. We'd be thrilled to see you at our June 8th PDX Beer Week event at Bridgetown Beerhouse. We're bringing Gonzilla IIPA back for another round, and it would be great to catch up. -Scott

    ReplyDelete