You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Monday, April 04, 2016

Beer Bible Wins an IACP Award

I'm far enough out of the foodie loop that I'm not sure this is even a big deal--though my normally quiet editor sent me an email with the news, decorated with a number of exclamation points. (It's from the International Association of Culinary Professionals, and they hand out awards for cookbooks and food writing each year.) Here's her photo:


















Anyone out there know how happy I should be about this? If a Beard award is akin to the Oscar, an IACP award is ...? (The Corvallis Board of Film Reviewers Awards, probably.)

(And yes, I will knock off the self-promotion already.)

2 comments:

  1. It's a big deal -- the Chicago Tribune is featuring one of their writers who won, and she is a pretty big deal in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errr ummmm ahhhh how happy should you be that a book you spent a loooong time putting together won an award? How happy....how happy....huummmmm how happy...

    FREAKIN ELATED, I'd say, since it's a pretty solid accomplishment to have a published book at all, let alone one winning awards.

    Congratulations, it's definitely a winner! I'm looking at my signed copy right now (it doesn't go far from my reach).

    ReplyDelete